Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Undecided

Today finds me again wondering what the hell I'm doing. But then I think of the health benefits I'm going to have, I want to be here healthy, and it makes me want to go today. Well, maybe tomorrow.

I'm already tired of smoothies and I've only had 6. That should make life interesting. I'm wondering what eating will be like. So little - only 2 ounces - for the next I don't know how long. That's about the size of an egg each meal. Interesting. Only liquids for the next 2 weeks, which I understand will help the little sleeve heal.

This surgery I'm having is called a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. Here's a very good explanation: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007435.htm It leaves a small sleeve shaped stomach that holds about 2 ounces, provided it doesn't get stretched. Stretching can lead to weight gain. Why would you go to all the trouble, financing, pain, everything, just to blow it with past behaviours? Amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment