Friday, August 19, 2011

Had a pretty good day today. I was up early and feel pretty swell.

My little pouch felt really empty today. Had 1/8 cup of cream of wheat and about 3 tbsp of apple sauce. It was good but I really think I'm missing the protein. I had made the smoothies yesterday but when I tried to have it for breakfast, it was disgusting and ended up down the sink.

I was at the doctor's office as soon as he opened. Got my stitches out; they could've come out a couple days ago. They're a little red so he gave me a prescription that is milder than the one I received in Mexico.

Upon returning home, I harnessed up the little dogs and headed to Karen's. I had to drop off a disk of photos for her. When I got there she wasn't home, so back we trotted to home again. :)

Lunch was some tomato soup - probably 1/8 to 1/4 of a cup. I also had some jello and a snifter of white grape juice.

Snack was missed both morning and afternoon.

Supper consisted of a greek yogurt and an attempt at some marble cheese. Between the two I would get 15g of protein. The problem being I could only eat 1/2 of each. Well a little protein is better than nothing.

Snack this evening is a kid's size, 100% fruit, no sugar added, popsicle.

I have had to change my sleeping position or I have atrocious heartburn; learning to sleep more sitting up against the pillows than laying almost flat is a big adjustment, but not as bad as I thought it would be.


I mentioned a couple posts ago that I would post a list of things to be prepared for when you go to Dr. Almanza. Please bear in mind that the surgery and everything went very well.

1) If you are bringing a guest, check them into the Ticuan in Tijuana. They will be much more comfortable there.

2) Be prepared for waits. We had to wait to be picked up and dropped off, and then we had to wait outside the clinic while the driver went in for a bite to eat.

3) Be prepared by having the Recovery House, Clinic, Louise and the Hospital phone numbers. When we waited for 50 minutes outside the hotel, we didn't have all the numbers and couldn't get hold of Louise so it didn't go very well.

4) If your guest chooses to stay with you, he/she should be prepared to get their own meals. Maria is an incredible cook, however there wasn't any consistency. On the last day, Darrin got a Mexican breakfast that he says was very good. But anything I've heard about guests being taken care of didn't happen for Darrin and another girl. Your guest should also be prepared to sleep on a couch/chair/loveseat for the three nights.

5) Request your test results and blood tests for $20 each. This is in addition to your barium swallow x-ray. It too is $20. I was only informed of the swallow and so didn't request the others.

6) One thing I would have changed was I should have called Louise right away instead of hoping it would get better. At least she could have been a go-between.

Time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment