Monday, August 8, 2011

Two days until the flight

My hubby gets home tomorrow around lunch. I'm so excited to see him but also nervous because we leave for the airport Tuesday night/Wednesday morning at 2:00 AM (gotta love the 2 hour pre-flight check-ins). Land at San Diego around 11:30, get into our room and do a little sightseeing. Not sure if I'll feel like doing anything on the 14th, so take advantage of it now.

I'm having my first protein drink, with water. I can see where milk will be better. This flavour is creamsicle and I'm so shocked at how good it tastes. Doesn't really have any after taste and I'm getting my 1 cup down without problem. I understand that will be a problem after surgery. I'm wondering how I'm supposed to get 250 mL of protein down (x twice per day) plus 6-8 cups of water per day. I've broken down my "meal" times and I have a very short window between meals to drink all my water. With some of my meds, I MUST not get dehydrated so I believe this will be one of my biggest challenges.

Exercise. I was going to hop on the elliptical this morning and just have not got around to it. I'm going to try the 17 minutes that my friend Cathy has done. She's had great results. I'll just do the exercise, of course. Maybe I'll head out for a walk with the little girls instead. They'll love it, the sun will do us all good (provided the mosquitos don't carry us away) and fresh air is always welcome.

I'm finishing packing today and have lists all over the place. I'm definitely a list person. My memory, or lack thereof, just isn't friendly. Gotta get this finished, do the housework, change the bedding, bathrooms, it's never ending, even without kids at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment