Sunday, August 7, 2011

T-4

We're closing in on d-day. We fly out in 3 days and surgery is on the morning of the 11th. Not sure what time. I'm really thankful Darrin is going with me. He's my rock and will help keep me grounded.

I went for brekkie with my Bonnie. The last brekkie. I know I'll be able to go to restaurants still, but it will be a much different eating experience. Lots of food for my Kaylssa, that's for sure.

Picked up some of the medical supplies: compression stockings, gauze pads, butterfly closures, tape. Along with chapstick, I should be good to go.

Arranged all of my food in the little cabinet. Looks weird in there. Not too long on the liquid diet. Clear liquids for days 1 and 2, and then full liquids for 4 weeks or so. There are so many different diets out there - I'm sure I'll mix and match like everyone else until I get it to work.

TMI, but tonight is laxative night. Mark, my pharmacist, suggested a "gentle reliever" which I hope is better than that damn citrate stuff you have to drink for different tests. I'm a "loose" girl anyway, so I hope this doesn't make it worse. Like I said, TMI.

Tomorrow begins the 3-day pre-surgery liquid diet. My understanding is that it's to help shrink the liver, however I'm not sure how that works. I do know that I didn't have to do the 14-day diet because my BMI isn't high enough. Only second time in my life I haven't been fat enough. lol First time was when I looked into the Weight Wise program through Alberta Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment