Saturday, March 10, 2012

March Update

Weighed in this morning and am 177. Nice to be in the 70's. Nice too that I only have 42 lbs left to go. That's 16 lbs less than I've lost! I can do this!!!  I went on the 5 day pouch test and it seemed to break my stall and get my body back into losing.

As I stated last post, I just assumed this WLS was going to be a walk in the park. When I researched the procedure, I know I focused more on the positive stories (big losses) and ignored the ones that lost slowly (that won't be me, I thought). Now I'm focusing more on people like me, who are losing slowly. There are two ladies I talk with who took 12 and 18 months to lose 100 lbs. I'm 7 months out, so if I can't lose the remainder of my weight in 5 months then I'm thinking I'm really not doing this right. Now that I've said it I won't lose anything. LOL

My struggle continues to be exercise. Just so happens we're having renos done in the basement and I can't get to my exercise equipment - that's just my excuse du jour. We'll be moving upstairs on Monday to start the bathroom, so my excuses will have to change. haha My biggest excuse is that I absolutely hate it. There are none of these "feel good" times or exercise highs or anything. I get on the machine, I sweat, I think I'm going to die, I can't walk when I'm finished, and I still feel like shit when I'm in the shower. It's just overall a very unpleasant experience.

Protein drinks are going well, carbs are still high - can't get under 40 very often - and calories are between 600-800. I've heard that upping calories in order to break a stall will sometimes work too. So while I try to keep my calories under 700, going higher every so often isn't a bad thing either.

No comments:

Post a Comment