Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Good Day

Well, today is a good day. Why? No special reason than I'm upright.

Took the little dogs to get their nails clipped. I think the only reason they tolerate it is because they get bones afterwards. I know there's a lot I'd do for a treat. LOL

Today's date finds me at 161 lbs, comfortable 12/14. Have only lost 4 lbs since June, but I'm okay with that. Slow and steady win the race. I can go for my plastic surgery (PS) now if I'd like, but I'm going to wait until the spring in the hopes of dropping some more pounds and getting more loose skin taken than fat. Of course, I'll get better results the less fat there is on my body, so best to try.

Have I talked about my PS? I want to get either a circumferential body lift or a belt lipectomy. They're like a super-dee-dooper tummy tuck. Very similar procedures, the circ is more intensive and tackles around the middle and the butt and thighs; the body is cut all the way around and down onto the outer thighs. Pieces of skin and fat are removed, and the top and bottom are pulled together and sewn around. The belt is just a "belt" of skin taken out of the middle and then the top and bottom sections pulled back together. It also takes the lower belly out but doesn't help the butt as much nor the thighs at all. With both procedures, the back rolls are also tackled, so that's good.

The challenge is finding a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures. So far I've found the belt lipectomy with Dr. Niebles, who works with Dr. Almanza, the doc who completed my sleeve. I've found a couple more docs who perform something similar to the belt, but not enough so to help with my sagging skin. It's for those who need a tummy tuck, not a full blown lift. I'll keep you up to date with news I learn. Here are a couple links with information, should you be interested.

http://immersivemedical.com/circumferential-body-lift.html

http://immersivemedical.com/belt-lipectomy.html

Otherwise things are still good. Protein intake, water and food are going pretty good. Some struggles here and there, as with anyone watching their diet, but mostly just fine. I'm still not dedicated to exercise; a walk here and there, lifting weights as I move things around (LOL) but nothing too serious. Again, I'm okay with this. I see so many people who start to exercise and watch what they eat, but then fall off the bandwagon and gain gain gain. Granted, there are many who choose that route and do fine for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, the numbers of those is 3-5%. Thankfully I've got my little tool to help me with my food.

So that's my news. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment